Wednesday, 24 October 2012

My favourite jeans

Today I thought I’d pay homage to something very special to me… a discovery that changed my life for the better. I'm talking about Gap* jeans. 

The pair I'm wearing below are nothing special, just a medium wash ‘boyfriend’ style but they belong to an ever growing collection of Gap jeans, I've got them in pink, blue, grey, black, with ankle zip, dark wash, light wash… The reason I love them so much? They fit perfectly, they are affordable (today’s pair for example cost a purse friendly $59), they never create an unsightly muffin top, they are super comfortable, they never need shortening and their styles and cuts are always bang up to date. 

jeans / Gap / ballet flats / Nine West

cardigan / Loft / singlet / TopShop / beads / Glassons




Over the past year I've been slowly but surely adding to my collection, sadly there are only two Gap stores in Australia (now that is CRAZY!) but rest assured.. I have plenty to keep me in denim for the next few seasons.
  

  Do you have a fail-safe favourite denim brand?



* It may be hard to believe but Gap did not pay me for this post :-)



10 comments:

  1. love the stripes with the yellow sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAP does have some really great jeans! GAP and American Eagle are my favorites. Love your stripes and yellow cardi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a really hard time finding the perfect pair of jeans. I have some decent -- but really old-- ones from Charlotte Russe. I have a great pair of trouser jeans from The Limited - I got them for $15, so I love them that much more!

    Kate @ A Journey in Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. I surprisingly found the most flattering jeans during my pregnancy were the Jeanswest Skinny Maternity. I have to say jeans have never been something I've enjoyed shopping for with short athletic legs(sounds better than thick thighs) and a small waist it's always been difficult to find just the right pair. I think the companies are improving their cut/fit though which is good news. Your outfit looks great - love love love Nine West shoes and I'm a fan of a good set of statement beads! Thanks for the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dare I say the word...... Uniqlo is my Gap. They got me perfectly & I can't get enough, sadly they are not in, nor do they ship to, Australia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kira, snap to it! You have about 2 weeks if you want to order any for me to bring home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those jeans look great! I love the yellow cardi and stripes with them too :) I find jeanswest are my go-to jeans, can always find a great pair to fit me there!

    AwayFromTheBlue.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Belinda!

    I really like your post, I always have items of clothes that I fall in and out of love with and my Sissy Boy jeans are one of them.

    Really enjoying reading your blog and will be coming back for your next post!

    ~ Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look like the perfect jean. I wish there was a Gap near me. Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those comfy jeans. Old navy has the best ones for me I think. I know for sure they will always fit. I love them :D hehe
    I do love your sweater though, I love that color!
    Your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete